Monday, July 16, 2012

Berry Coconut Sparkle


It's hot, and I can't do hot. But I can do hot if I have an iced beverage with berries in it. And lots of ice.

Here's how:


  • 2 cups coconut water
  • 1/4 cup seltzer or other kind of sparkle
  • 1-2 tsp lemon juice
  • a handful of berries (I used raspberries) 
  • 1 sprig mint ( I used basil, but mint would be better) 
  • 3 drops liquid stevia
This is my version of a version healthy mojito. After wither being pregnant or nursing for the last 6 years, I had to get creative. I don't believe in doing the "pump and dump" method. This tastes better too. 

First, fill glass with 1/3 crushed ice cubes. Add about 3-5 mint leaves, raspberries, and stevia. Crush with a muddle or you can even use a rock if you don't have one. when leaves are bruised, add the rest of the ingredients. Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment