Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Coconut Rice Pudding



Yumm. When I was in high school, I used to live off of New York diner rice pudding and chocolate egg creams. Of course it was filled with sugar and was made with white rice. Pretty much no nutritional value but my brain needed food and this seemed to do the job. Now for the healthier version, made with brown rice, coconut milk, and sugar-free. 

Coconut Rice Pudding
  • 5 cups cooked brown rice
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 8 drops liquid stevia
  • milk if needed
So easy, I used left over rice and put it in a pot with all the ingredients. Heat up on medium, stir often, and add extra milk (or almond or rice milk) as needed until you get your desired consistency and have soft, plump raisins.. Easy on the stevia as well. I always start with a few drops and then add more if needed. 3 drops sweetens 1 cup of liquid if that gives you a better idea. Stevia can be tricky and doesn't taste good in everything, but it worked great here. Sprinkle a bit of coconut flakes and orange or lemon rind on top and there you go! And my very picky boys ate it up in a matter of minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment